Hosting events is a great way for your club to engage with students, faculty, and the larger Queen’s and Kingston communities!
The SGPS Event Sanctioning Process Applies to ALL LAW STUDENT-RUN EVENTS – INCLUDING OFF-CAMPUS EVENTS.
FAILURE TO SEEK AND OBTAIN APPROVAL through the event sanctioning process will mean that there is no insurance coverage available for those events. As a result:
- No Queen’s or LSS channels of communication can be used to advertise the event (i.e. listserv, etc.)
- The event cannot be connected in any way to the Faculty of Law or LSS, which means you cannot use your club’s name.
- You cannot be reimbursed by the LSS for any food/supplies.
- You will be personally liable for the event.
Click here for instructions on how to apply for event sanctioning.
If your club is looking for fundraising opportunities Queen’s Event Services is committed to helping students in their fundraising campaigns and will utilize existing retail locations on campus to support student clubs with the proceeds of sales. Clubs can book times to get a percentage of all sales on that day e.g. authorized vendors have been Beavertails, Tim Hortons, etc. More information can be found at the Student Event Services Website.
- If you need to book the law lounge, please scroll down to verify availability, and then email the VP Activities (email@example.com) with your requested date and time.
- Keep in mind that it is the responsibility of the LSS to maintain the lounge, therefore, event organizers are responsible for cleanup.